Nurse Extern Program
The Nurse Extern Program offers nursing students the opportunity to gain valuable clinical knowledge and skills through temporary summer employment. The program supports the student nurse's professional development by providing:
- A thorough orientation
- An interactive classroom experience
- A preceptor who works closely with the nurse extern in a supportive environment
- Additional support from the program coordinator
- Areas Nurse Externs are placed in within the hospital system include:
Gwinnett Medical Center (Lawrenceville)
- Oncology, Medical, Surgical, Cardiac, Orthopedic/Surgical Specialties, Emergency Services, Neuroscience and Spine, ICU, Labor & Delivery, Mother/Infant, NICU, High Risk Pregnancy Unit, Surgical Services, and Nursing Imaging.
Gwinnett Medical Center (Duluth)
- Medical/Telemetry, Surgical/Ortho, Emergency Services, ICU, and Surgical Services – Procedural Nursing/IR and Endoscopy.
Glancy Rehab Center (Duluth)
To be eligible for the 2016 Nurse Extern Program, applicants must be graduating by either December 2016 or May 2017 and be a student in good standing in their nursing program. Look for the posting of the Nurse Extern position in November, 2015.
We hope you’ll come join us at GMC. As part of the GMC team you’ll be taking a giant step forward in building your future professional nursing career.
We wish you all the best in your nursing career!
For more information, email Linda Horst, Nurse Extern Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.