Nurse Extern Program
The Nurse Extern Program offers nursing students the opportunity to gain valuable clinical knowledge and skills through temporary summer employment. The program supports the student nurse's professional development by providing:
- A thorough orientation
- An interactive classroom experience
- A preceptor who works closely with the nurse extern in a supportive environment
- Additional support from the program coordinator
- Areas Nurse Externs are placed in within the hospital system include:
Gwinnett Medical Center (Lawrenceville)
- Oncology, Medical, Surgical, Cardiac, Orthopedic/Surgical Specialties, Emergency Services, Neuroscience and Spine, ICU, Labor & Delivery, Mother/Infant, NICU, High Risk Pregnancy Unit, Surgical Services, and Nursing Imaging.
Gwinnett Medical Center (Duluth)
- Medical/Telemetry, Surgical/Ortho, Emergency Services, ICU, and Surgical Services – Procedural Nursing/IR and Endoscopy.
Glancy Rehab Center (Duluth)
To be eligible, applicants must be graduating by either December 2015 or May 2016 and have a 3.0 GPA*. The Nurse Extern position will be posted by November 5, 2014.
*Official electronic transcripts are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2014 to meet the eligibility criteria. (Reference letters are not required.)
To search for the job position once it is posted November 5, 2014: Visit http://www.gwinnettmedicalcenter.jobs/nursing/nursing-programs/nurse-extern-programs.aspx. Click on “Search Jobs” to the right. When you get to the Search Results page, search “Extern” and apply. Note: this is a generic position. Applicants are chosen and placed into areas per availability.
Deadline to apply: Due to the expected volume of applicants, this job posting will be closed and removed from the site when the maximum number of applications is received. All applications are to be done on line and no applications will be accepted after the position has been removed from the site.
We hope you’ll come join us at GMC. As part of the GMC team you’ll be taking a giant step forward in building your future professional nursing career.
We wish you all the best in your nursing career!
For more information, email Linda Horst, Nurse Extern Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.