Ordering Laboratory Exams
Orders for exams and procedures can be placed via phone or fax:
Fax Server: 678/312-9736
- Glucose Tolerance Test—patients should arrive in lab at 7:30am call 678-312-4501 to schedule.
- Therapeutic Phlebotomy—call Outpatient Treatment Center at 678-312-4220
First-Time Referring Physicians
The following information is required for first-time referring physicians:
- Physician’s full legal name
- Office address, phone number, and fax number
- Georgia license number
- A valid physicians order is required prior to processing patient. OUT OF STATE ORDERS WILL ONLY BE PROCESSED MONDAY THRU FRIDAY FROM 8AM TO 5PM AND ONLY IF THE ORDERER CAN BE CONTACTED.
- Valid order criteria includes: legible writing, patient name, procedure, clinical indications and physician’s signature (not extenders).
- Unacceptable terminology includes: “possible,” “probable,” “suspected,” “rule out (R/O),” “questionable,” or the use of arrows
- In the absence of a valid order, the ordering physician’s office will be contacted during the registration process.
- Physician offices are encouraged to either fax all orders to ensure the order is available at the time of service.
- A driver’s license or picture ID and insurance card(s) are requested from the patient at the time of registration.
- Patients must be informed if a procedure or test requires fasting.