Student Orientation Requirements
Students are to follow the orientation requirement directions on this page for their placement at Gwinnett Medical Center.
Midlevel students (e.g. NP students, PA students, etc.) also are to follow the Midlevel Requirements.
- Students’ drug screen/ background check must be completed AND results reviewed by GMC LR Department two weeks PRIOR to the student’s start date - see “Step 2: DRUG SCREEN AND BACKGROUND.” Preferred vendors are Advantage Students advantagestudents.com and PreCheck weborder.precheck.net.
- Assure that you have signed and have another adult sign as witness the following forms—you will sign/have witnessed either the form for Board of Regents, i.e. GA State schools, or non- Board of Regents Schools:
Board of Regents Schools (BOR):
NON-Board of Regents Schools (Non-BOR):
- All students must wear a picture ID badge in addition to their school ID badge. Badges are to be worn above the waist. Complete this ID Badge form. (Complete blank columns A through thru H on and under the “Title” column type either Student or Instructor as per your role at GMC.) You will also need to provide a picture of yourself, preferably saved as a JPEG file (headshot on plain background) or arrange a time with the GMC Security Department to have your picture taken.*
- The badge will allow you to park at Gwinnett Medical Center in the employee parking lot for free. The cost for a student badge is $10.00 and $5 is refundable upon returning the badge. There is no charge for instructor badges. The cost to replace any lost badge is $25. (We ask you not park in the visitor parking lots to allow for space for our patients and their families. The cost for parking in visitor parking is $3 per day.)
*Before coming to have a picture taken or to pick up badges contact the Security Department by calling 678-312-4057, or emailing Matt Shafer, email@example.com. The Security Department is open for badge pickup during the hours of Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m. or Friday: 7:30 a.m.–1 p.m.
Then continue to complete the requirements on this page. Nursing students and/or observations in the operating room or procedural areas have additional requirements as noted below.
- Turn these required materials into your instructor
- Required orientation materials
- Release of Records (either BOR or non- BOR)
- Learning or Training Agreement (either BOR or non- BOR)
- Id Badge form
- Picture of yourself (headshot on plain background)
- Your school faculty assures the orientation materials are completed and checked off on the completely filled out Student Log for Documenting Placement information and Requirements. They will scan these materials and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the course syllabus/objectives.
NOTE: You will be required to show documented proof of influenza vaccination when on campus November 1 to March 31. If you do not have documented influenza vaccination, you are required to wear a mask when on campus during this time period.
All Students Complete the Following Orientation Materials
All NURSING & EMS Students Complete
All Operating Room (OR) or Shadowing Experiences Complete