Student Orientation Requirements
Students are to follow the orientation requirement directions on this page for their placement at Gwinnett Medical Center. In general, you will complete the following:
- Process Form (midlevel students only) – signed by supervising physician or midwife
- Clear Drug/Background Screening or Employee Verification of Employment Letter (VOE)
- Flu shot (November 1 through March 31 only)
- GMC Student LOG - filled out and signed by school faculty
- Legal Documents – student signs and another adult signs as witness
- Study materials completed
- ID Badge Form and picture (headshot)
All of the above materials are to be turned into your school faculty who will submit them to the student placement coordinator at Gwinnett Medical Center.
Drug and Background Screening Requirements
All students are required to complete a drug and background screening and results are reviewed by the Learning Resources Department at Gwinnett Medical Center. To view details of the drug screen and background requirements click on Drug Screen Background.
We accept only the following Drug and Background Vendors: Advantage Students www.advantagestudents.com, and PreCheck https://weborder.precheck.net/ClientAccess/
- We do not accept hard copies of results as we must be able to accept/reject results on line.
- The name on the vendor site needs to match the name your school will send to GMC.
- Students must have clear drug screen and background check results or the student will not be able to proceed with the student placement.
- Students who are employees of GMC do not need to do a drug and background screening if they request a Verification of Employment Letter from Michelle Guy in Human Resources to be sent to Linda Horst firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flu Shot Requirments
You will be required to provide documented proof of influenza vaccination when on campus for your student experience during the following dates November 1 to March 31. If you do not have documented influenza vaccination, you are required to wear a mask when on campus during this time period.
Legal Documentation Requirements
- From the legal documents below, select the documents appropriate for your school, either Georgia Board of Regents or Non-Georgia Board of Regents. (For a listing of Georgia Board of Regents Schools visit this website: http://www.usg.edu/legal/docs/borgha_exhibit_b.pdf)
- Then sign the pair of documents appropriate to your school, have another adult sign as witness and date with month, day and year.
Georgia Board of Regent Universities and College Students:
NON-Georgia Board of Regents Universities and College Students:
- All students must wear a picture ID badge in addition to their school ID badge. Badges are to be worn above the waist. Complete this ID Badge form. Complete blank columns A through thru I on and under the “Title” column type Student.
- You will also need to provide a picture of yourself, preferably saved as a JPEG file (headshot on plain background) or arrange a time with the GMC Security Department to have your picture taken.*
- The badge will allow you to park at Gwinnett Medical Center in the employee parking lot for free. (We ask you not park in the visitor parking lots to allow for space for our patients and their families. The cost for parking in visitor parking is $3 per day.)
- The cost for a student badge is $10.00 and $5 is refundable upon returning the badge. The cost to replace any lost badge is $25.
*Before coming to have a picture taken or to pick up badges contact the Security Department by calling 678-312-4057 or emailing Matt Shafer email@example.com. The Security Department is located in the Lawrenceville Emergency Room and open for badge pickup during the hours of Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m. or Friday: 7:30 a.m.–1 p.m.
Click on the title of the document to open the link and proceed as directed.
Note: There are additional required materials for nursing and if you will work with a glucose meter.
Your school faculty will document that you have completed the study materials on the Student LOG for Documenting Placement Information and Requirements form. They should complete all required information on the form, sign and return to the GMC student placement coordinator.
NOTE: Students who are employees of Gwinnett Medical Center do not need to do the following orientation requirements if they request a Verification of Employment (VOE) Letter from Michelle Guy in Human Resources to be sent to Linda Horst and they have done them as an employee.
All Students Complete the Following Orientation Materials
All NURSING Students Complete
- You will turn in all of the required materials to your university/college instructor. They will check off on the “Student Log for Documenting Placement Information and Requirements” that you have completed all required materials.
- Your university/college faculty will in turn, document, file and provide GMC the required documents as listed below. They then will scan/email the documents listed to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks before their student/s start date – students may not start until we notify the faculty they have cleared our processes to start:
- Completed and signed “Student LOG for Documenting Placement Information and Requirements.”
- Course Objectives
- Legal Documents:
- Release of Records and Information–signed by the student and witnessed and signed by another adult
- Student Applied Learning Agreement or Ed Program Training Agreement – signed by the student and witnessed and signed by another adult
- Student ID Badge Form
- Student ID picture for badge (headshot on plain background)