Building a Bridge to Better Health
To learn more about the Faith Community Network, contact Mary Cooper at 404-754-4780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gwinnett Medical Center has developed the Faith Community Network that connects the hospital and faith communities in our area. Through this program a bridge is made between a hospital based faith community nurse navigator and the clergy or a liaison for the faith community. The goal is to build healthier communities and stronger relationships between Gwinnett Medical Center and local faith communities.
Benefits of the Faith Community Network
Members of the faith community have access to:
- Health and wellness support such as educational and preventative medicine programs addressing nutrition, physical activity, tobacco use and chronic disease prevention
- Health fairs
- Guest speakers
- Assistance in choosing the right clinic or physician for health needs
- Network of aftercare support following an illness or treatment of a medical condition
Churches in the Network
Currently, there are seven churches within the network:
- Lawrenceville First United Methodist Church
- Lawrenceville First Baptist Church
- Christ the Lord Lutheran Church
- Holy Cross Anglican Church
- Presbyterian Church of the Redeemer
- Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church
- Hamilton Mill United Methodist Church
Meet our Nurse Navigator
As part of the Faith Community Network, your nurse navigator will become part of your care team for the duration of your hospital stay. He or she will continue to communicate with us any information you would like us to know about your progress. Your nurse navigator will stay in contact with the church network liaison to ensure your church has the resources available that you might need once you are discharged including meals and transportation.