Faculty Tasks and Orientation Requirements
PART 1—Faculty Tasks to Complete for Students
After your student/s has been accepted for placement at Gwinnett Medical Center you are responsible to manage their student/s requirements.
The student placement coordinator works directly only with faculty and will inform the faculty when the student is cleared to start.
NOTE: If you will come on site either to visit or to supervise your student/s during their experience at GMC, you need to also follow the directions in Part 2 on this webpage.
Faculty manages and processes their student/s placement requirements as explained below:
Timetable* for notification and processing – to be emailed to the student placement coordinator Linda Horst, email@example.com.
- Student/names a minimum of 2 weeks prior to start date.
- Student/s paperwork no later than 2 weeks prior to start date.
- MIDLEVEL student/s 60-90 days prior to start. (Mid-Level Student Clinical Process Form) due at this point signed by the supervising physician. All other requirements no later than 2 weeks prior to start date.)
*It is important to recognize that the student/s will not be able to start when a required Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), is not in place.
Drug and Background Screening – we accept only on-line results:
- Be sure to give GMC access to view the student’s drug and background screening results on line.
- Accepted vendors at GMC are Advantage Students, PRECHECK, Certified Background.
- Students who are GMC employees:
- Request a Verification of Employment Letter (VOE) from GMC – Human Resources Department, Michelle Guy. firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent to email@example.com
- Once the VOE is received, the student/GMC employee does not need vendor screening or to do orientation study materials as these requirements have been completed as an employee.
Assure their student/s complete all orientation study materials as explained on the Student Orientation Requirements page.
Scan/email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 14 days prior to the scheduled start date the materials listed below. (We do not accept Faxes or hard copies.)
- Completed Student LOG for Documenting Placement Information and Requirements
- Fill in the top portion of LOG completely
- Put student/s name in the left hand column of the table
- Check off the orientation materials completed in the appropriate column – keep these in your file for random auditing by GMC
- For GMC employee/students write employee after their name.
- Sign the LOG
- Syllabus/objectives for placement
- Authorization for Release of Records – signed /signed by a witness and dated month/day/year. (Use Board of Regents (BOR) or, Non-BOR as appropriate to type of school--refer to Student Orientation Requirement page.)
- Educational/Training Agreement – signed /signed by a witness and dated month/day/year. (Use Board of Regents (BOR) or, Non-BOR as appropriate to type of school--refer to Student Orientation Requirement page.)
- ID BADGE FORM: the ID form and corresponding student picture. The student placement coordinator will forward these documents to Security once the student has been cleared to start. Call Security in the Lawrenceville ER to arrange a time to pick up badges –
678-312-4057 or email email@example.com.
Part 2 - Faculty Orientation Requirements for Onsite Faculty
The following pertains to faculty who will visit or remain onsite during their student/s placement. Faculty who will not come onsite do not need to do Part 2.
Every new academic year you will need to sign the appropriate Faculty Training agreement (see below).
Board of Regents Schools (all schools affiliated with the GA Board of Regents University System):
NON-Board of Regents Schools:
Initially and annually you will have Computer Based Learning (CBLs) assigned to complete.
- CBLs are done in the Gwinnett Learning Management System called myNetLearning (myNL), while students do their CBLs on the GMC external website.
- To obtain access to myNL send the last four numbers of your Social Security number to firstname.lastname@example.org and your access to the system will be requested.
- Later a myNL login and password will be sent to you along with directions on how and what materials to complete in myNL. (The student placement coordinator will also send additional access codes to nursing and pharmacy instructors who may need to function within the hospital accessing medications and supplies.)
- Once you have your myNL login you may access the myNL system by clicking here.
You will need Internet Explorer Version 7 or higher on a PC only. This program will not work on a Mac.
- Then, simply log in using the login/password using the specific emailed instructions sent to you with the login/password.
- For detailed directions on how to use myNL refer to myNetLearning User Guide 2012
Faculty select one role below that best reflects your role onsite at Gwinnett. Then click on the link and follow the directions there for you.
View information about student experiences offered at Gwinnett Medical Center.