Service Excellence Standards—Caring from the Heart
- Have a “can do” attitude. Dress in professional attire with your name badge visible above the waist at all time.
- Speak positively about GMC and your fellow associates.
- Keep patient information confidential.
- Conduct yourself in a manner that supports a positive working and healing environment.
- Respond promptly and courteously to patient and customer requests.
- Be an ambassador for the organization.
BE A TEAM PLAYER
- Address internal disagreements in the appropriate place, time and manner so as not to interfere with patient care.
- Work to resolve conflicts and problems promptly.
- Offer assistance to team members when needed.
- Place the good of patients, GHS and team members over personal interests.
BE KNOWLEDGABLE AND COMPETENT
- Follow all hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
- Seek out opportunities to improve the patient, customer and associate experience.
BE SAFETY FOCUSED
- Report and address unsafe situations or practices.
- Demonstrate and guide others in safety focus with all our work, especially hand washing.
- Escort patients or customers to their intended destination.
- Use the Service Recovery Policy when needed.
- Offer assistance to patients, customers and fellow associates.
- Anticipate patient and customer needs and proactively address them.
- Keep your commitments and deliver on requests as promised.
- Uphold the dignity and self-esteem of patients, families and team members
- Respect the individuality of every patient, customer and team member.
- Follow the 10 & 5 Rule (when walking past someone, at 10 feet you make eye contact and acknowledge them; at 5 feet you respond verbally: “Hello, Good morning / afternoon” for example)
- Use correct telephone etiquette.
- Listen attentively and make appropriate eye contact.
- Communicate in terms that the patient or customer understands.
- Thank patients and customers for choosing Gwinnett Medical Center.
The purpose of the Service Excellence Standards is to provide guidelines that encourage behaviors that create an environment which fosters exemplary customer service and teamwork among co-workers. I acknowledge my receipt of this document and my commitment to adhere to the standards as set forth within it. I realize that compliance with the intent of this document is required for employment with the Gwinnett Hospital System.