Gwinnett Medical Center now offers a dually accredited Internal Medicine residency program, with five PGY 1 positions available for July 2015. The GMC Internal Medicine residency program participates in the allopathic match through National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and osteopathic match through the National Matching Service. Applications will only be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) each year.
- All applicants must have graduated from an accredited medical school within the last two years and international medical graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate or will hold a valid ECFMG certificate prior to entry into the program. Gwinnett Medical Center does not sponsor any type of visas. Applicants must hold U.S. resident status prior to acceptance to the program. In addition, candidates must provide citizenship documentation to GME office if a letter of Agreement is extended.
- Completed ERAS application
- Three letters of recommendation, in addition to the Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal statement
- Completed USMLE or COMLEX scores
All information, including letters of recommendation must be in English. Non-translated documents will not be accepted.
All applicants complying with the above requirements will be considered for an interview. Candidates who have been accepted for interview will be evaluated based on medical school academic performance, letters of recommendation, personal statement and board exam scores, as well as interview performance.
Gwinnett Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. We look forward to reviewing your application.