The Family Medicine Graduate Medical Education Program at Gwinnett Medical Center will participate in and abide by the policies of the National Resident Matching Program and National Matching Services, Inc.
- All applications must be received through the ERAS application service. Applications must include:
- Completed ERAS application form
- Medical School transcript of course work
- Three letters of recommendation in addition to the Dean’s Letter
- Passing scores are required on the first attempt of USMLE or COMLEX Steps 1 and 2 (CS and CK)
- Personal statement
- For foreign medical graduates, this information must be in English or translated with notarized verification of authenticity.
- Applicants must have graduated from an accredited medical school within two years of application to the program.
- Applicants must have a valid ECFMG certificate or will hold a valid ECFMG certificate prior to entry into the program. Applicants must also have written and verbal English skills.
- Gwinnett Medical Center does not sponsor any visas. We will consider applications from resident applicants who will be legally able to begin employment by the effective date of the Agreement of Appointment. Citizenship documentation must be provided to the GME Office for verification.
Each application that meets the above criteria is reviewed for a potential interview. Applicants are interviewed from October through January and candidates receiving interviews are selected based upon their ERAS application, personal statement, letters of recommendation, academic record and board exam scores. The residency program does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.