Frequently Asked Questions about GMC HealthConnect
What is GMC HealthConnect?
GMC HealthConnect is the secure, online service that lets you connect with your doctors’ offices anytime, anywhere. It makes managing your health easy and convenient.
What can I do with GMC HealthConnect?
You can use GMC HealthConnect 24/7 from any computer with an Internet connection and Web browser.
Every registered user can do the following:
- Create a Personal Health Record (PHR)
- Access medically-reviewed information—Learn more about a full range of healthcare topics, and access links to doctor-recommended information and sites.
- Receive lab, X-ray, and other test results—Avoid phone tag and get results more quickly, with an attached explanation from your doctor.
Depending on the electronic medical record system and your doctor's office, you may have (or may in the future) access to the following services:
- Contact your doctor’s office via an online message—Ask questions and request advice about non-urgent health concerns at your convenience—no more phone tag or unnecessary office visits.
- Request a medication refill via an online message—Easily refill medication prescriptions, request prescriptions be sent to your preferred pharmacy, and specify pick-up or mail-order delivery (if available).
- Schedule appointments via an online message—Request appointments even when the office is closed. Cancel and reschedule appointments as needed, and receive online appointment reminders.
- Request referrals via an online message—Submit referral requests even when your doctor’s office is closed.
What is a Personal Health Record(PHR)?
One of the most convenient features of GMC HealthConnect is the online Personal Health Record (PHR). This service allows you to store, view and update all of your health information in one secure place. You decide who has access to your medical history, ensuring your privacy.
What are the benefits of a PHR?
Having a personal health record allows you to:
- Save time—all of the information you need about your healthcare is at your fingertips, including medications, test results, allergies, immunizations and other medical history.
- Improve quality of care—Ensure that your health care providers make decisions based on your complete, up-to-date medical history. A PHR can help providers make diagnoses, prescribe medications and monitor treatment plans.
- Connect everyone involved in your care—giving all your health care providers access to the same health information promotes seamless communication and care coordination, which means fewer potential errors and improved overall care.
- Manage your dependents’ care—a PHR helps you manage care for a spouse, children, or aging parents.
- Manage chronic conditions—a PHR can help you manage chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. These conditions require continuous tracking of test results, treatments, medications and other information.
Is there a charge for using GMC HealthConnect?
No, there is no charge for access or use of GMC HealthConnect.
Is my privacy protected?
Yes, GMC HealthConnect uses secure RelayHealth technology. Only you, your doctor, and your doctor’s authorized staff have access.
How do I sign up for GMC HealthConnect?
You may sign up for GMC HealthConnect in the following ways:
- Visit gwinnettmedicalcenter.org/gmchealthconnect.
- Provide your email address to your doctor's office. If you choose this option, GMC HealthConnect will send an email invitation for you to join. Click the link included in the email to access GMC HealthConnect. Complete the registration process by clicking the Register button.