1000 Medical Center Boulevard
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Campus Map: English, Spanish, Korean
Gwinnett DaySurgery at Gwinnett Medical Center–Lawrenceville, offers comprehensive surgical care. Gwinnett Day Surgery (GDS) provides patients with convenient, easily accessible care in a beautiful setting designed to promote healing.
GDS has televisions in all of the preoperative bays. The preoperative bays and Phase 2 recovery bays have glass doors with a protective film for privacy. Patients are quickly reunited with their families after they have been readied for surgery. The family (one member at a time) can remain with the patient until they go back for their surgery.
The facility also has a very nice waiting room with two drink vending machines (water, soda and coffee). There is also designated space for visitors to sit and use their laptop or tablets. Liaisons are great at keeping family/responsible parties updated on surgeries that last longer than an hour. Also, a tracking board allows visitors the ability to see what stage the patient is in during the perioperative/operative phases.
Patients are offered a very light snack in Phase 2 of their recovery (water, juice, coffee or soda and crackers) before they receive their home care instructions. Patients are quickly reunited with their families in Phase 2 of recovery.
A variety of surgeries and procedures are performed at Gwinnett DaySurgery including:
- ENT: (adults and pediatrics) including, but not limited to, tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, thyroidectomy, parathyroidectomy, tympanoplasty, nasal fracture repair, myringotomy (tubes in ears), etc.
- Colon and Rectal
- General Surgery: including, but not limited to, breast biopsy, breast reconstruction, mastectomies, node biopsies, laparoscopic appendectomies, laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal), Hernia repair (adult and pediatric) including inguinal, umbilical, incisional/ventral
- Gynecology and Obstetrics: including but not limited to abdominal hysterectomy, vaginal hysterectomy, cervical cerclage, D&C, ablation, hysteroscopy, tubal ligation, etc.
- Ophthalmology: cataract extraction, pterygium excision, conjunctival lesion excision, etc.
- Plastic: abdominoplasty, blepharoplasty (upper lids), breast reconstruction, rhinoplasty, skin graft, syndactyly correction
- Podiatry: hammertoe correction, etc.
- Urology: bladder stimulator, circumcision, cysto retrograde stent insertion, lithotripsy, orchiectomy, orchiopexy, vasectomy