Gwinnett Medical Center's Mission, Vision and Values
MISSION: We exist to provide quality health services to our community.
VISION: To be the Health System of choice in our community by enhancing the health of our patients and other customers.
VALUES: We all have basic values by which we live. At GHS, we have organizational values by which all associates should live. Our values are:
- Safety first and foremost
- The patient is at the center of everything we do.
- Respect for the individual
- The pursuit of excellence
- Promotion of positive change
- Service to the community
How we live the GMC values:
- We are committed to creating a safe day, every day. Ensuring the safety of our patients and our associates is our highest priority. Ensuring the safety of our patients and associates is the most important part of everything we do. The patient is the center of everything we do.
- We will provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs, and values. The patient’s values & needs guide all clinical decisions.
- We respect the individual by demonstrating a high regard for the value and dignity of every patient, their family, associates and physicians. We respect the individual and believe that those who are treated with respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best. In all our dealings, we will strive to be friendly and courteous as well as fair and compassionate.
- We are responsible and accountable for our own behavior and how others perceive us. We make commitments and we do what we say we will do.
- We achieve excellence by understanding our mission, our goals and our roles in the organization. We achieve excellence through the continuous pursuit of the highest standards in healthcare quality and in individual and organizational performance.
- We strive to identify new and better ways of accomplishing our goals through responsible risk taking, creativity, continual learning and collaboration.
- We care for our community because their health and well being are the core of our existence.
- We provide service and care with continued respect for the holistic needs of all individuals in our community.
- We value service over self-interest. We are accountable to those we serve for the resources in our trust: Human, material, financial, knowledge.